- You are responsible for ensuring that your event/activity is conducted in accordance with relevant charities legislation and or regulations in the State or Territory which the fundraising activity is being held, and you must obtain any permits, authorities, licences and insurances needed. This includes the conduct of raffles or prize draws. Different States have their own legislation, which you should review before committing to any fundraising event/activity. Please see list of contact details for each governing state and territory offices (to note: this list is not conclusive there may be other agency’s that you need to contact):
- Australian Capital Territory
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
Phone: 02 6207 0361
- New South Wales
Liquor and Gaming NSW
Phone: 1300 024 720
- Northern Territory
Phone: 08 8999 1800
Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation
Phone: 1800 064 848
- South Australia
Consumer and Business Services Phone: 131 882
Liquor and Gaming Branch representing the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission
Phone: 03 6777 2777
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Phone: 1300 182 457
- Western Australia
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor Gaming
Phone: 08 6551 4888
- Australian Capital Territory
- You must be registered with Fundraise4Stroke and have received our registration confirmation email before you start any fundraising.
- You agree that your participation in all activities associated with Fundraise4Stroke is voluntary, and that you alone are responsible for your health and safety and for any personal possessions you might bring to any activities you undertake for Fundraise4Stroke.
- You agree to seek medical advice before partaking in any physical activity and/or you acknowledge that you participate in chosen activities at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to participate in your chosen Fundraise4Stroke activities. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation.
- You confirm that the events and activities you undertake for Fundraise4Stroke do not involve any illegal activity, violence, aggression or undue risk taking. You are responsible for ensuring the safety of your events and activities, including the safety of your volunteers and personnel including, but not limited to, organising appropriate public liability insurance and providing first aid services, if required. The Stroke Foundation’s insurance policy does not cover events conducted by Fundraise4Stroke participants and/or community fundraising events supporting the Stroke Foundation and other external organisations/individuals.
- You release and indemnify the Stroke Foundation, and any parties associated with the Fundraise4Stroke campaign and/or fundraising in support of the Stroke Foundation, from any loss or liability of any nature suffered or incurred as a result of a claim arising out of or in connection with any activity conducted by you.
- You accept sole responsibility in the organisation and management of activities, events, finances, prizes, publicity and/or goods and services required to run the event/activity.
- You are responsible to ensure that all funds raised from the public in support of the Stroke Foundation until the fundraising event/activity is completed are kept by you in a secure place and/or are remitted to the Stroke Foundation. You are further responsible to ensure that you maintain complete and accurate records of funds received and expenses incurred as part of your event/activity and that these are sent to the Stroke Foundation within seven (7) days of the fundraising event/activity taking place.
- You must not undertake any door to door, street sales or telephone based approaches for donations to be made in connection with your fundraising/event activity.
- You agree not to use the Stroke Foundation name or logo without the appropriate authority from the Stroke Foundation.
- You agree that any use or our trade marks, logos, text, images, name or any other branding must first be approved by the Stroke Foundation prior to print.
- You agree to speak to Stroke Foundation prior to undertaking any media activity for Fundraise4Stroke and/or other events.
- You agree to contact and receive approval from the Stroke Foundation before approaching organisations for sponsorship or support.
- If you have any prior or current criminal convictions, you must disclose these to the Stroke Foundation before participating in Fundraise4Stroke. Although these will not necessarily stop you from being able to support the Stroke Foundation, they will be taken into account in agreeing to your suitability as a participant.
- The Stroke Foundation may at any time, without the need to give any reasons, withdraw your registration in Fundraise4Stroke or your fundraising activity by notification in writing.
- By registering online for Fundraise4Stroke, you are confirming that you are 18 years or over and consent to receiving marketing materials relating to the Fundraise4Stroke and broader Stroke Foundation communications and marketing material.
- Parental consent
Any person under the age of 18 conducting a fundraising event or activity must be appropriately supervised by an adult. Where a child is under the age of 12 he or she must only operate Fundraise4Stroke under the direct supervision of a parent or carer. We may refuse fundraising to any child under the age of 18 until we receive permission from their parent or guardian or school.
Please send in written permission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree to ensure children under the age of 16 collecting, handling or managing funds are under the supervision of a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- Where you will have children assisting you with the event/activity or children are able to participate in the event/activity or it is reasonably foreseen that children may participate, you must obtain a Working with Children certificate prior to commencing preparations for the event/activity and provide evidence of the Certificate to the Stroke Foundation.
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it.
- When using social media as part of Fundraise4Stroke, the key principles to remember are:
- Be respectful: At all times, be polite and respect others online.
- Be accurate: Ensure that all content is accurate and not misleading.
- Be transparent: Expressly state on all postings which identify you as a fundraiser that stated views are your own and are not those of Stroke Foundation
- You agree that when using the website and communication tools such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels it does not include any of the following unacceptable content of communications:
- Sexually explicit messages, images, jokes
- Offensive messages, images, jokes
- Unwelcome propositions, comments, requests
- Degrading material
- Any activity which may constitute intimidation, harassment, disparagement or bullying.