The Stroke Foundation is a national charity that partners with the community to prevent stroke, save lives and enhance recovery.
We stand alongside stroke survivors and their families, healthcare professionals and researchers. We build community awareness and foster new thinking and innovative treatments. We support survivors on their journey to live the best possible life after stroke.
We are the voice of stroke in Australia and we work to:
- Raise awareness of the risk factors, signs of stroke and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Improve treatment for stroke to save lives and reduce disability.
- Improve life after stroke for survivors.
- Encourage and facilitate stroke research.
- Advocate for initiatives to prevent, treat and beat stroke.
- Raise funds from the community, corporate sector and government to continue our mission.
With your support we can prevent stroke,
save lives and enhance recovery.
Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management reaches ‘living’ mode
EnableMe podcasts were played 13,200 time
22,160 people received My Stroke Journey
Our Family’s Stroke Journey is in development
2,700 dispatches since operation of Australia’s Stroke Ambulance
Stroke Ambulance delivers treatment 61 minutes faster than average hospital times
provides advice and support from a health professional on StrokeLine
Provide a stroke recovery pack for three stroke survivors
Trains a volunteer to deliver StrokeSafe community talks teaching the F.A.S.T. (Face. Arms. Speech. Time.) sign of stroke
Helps stroke researchers with the funding they need to find the next game-changer in stroke